Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow (whoop whoop) and as I was getting my stuff together I looked down to see a nightmare! My nails were a disaster! Like aftermath of a tornado, disaster! Of course I went over everything that I was packing about ten times but overlooked my own outer appearance! I will be meeting his WHOLE family and shaking hands was not an option with nails like that! I quickly grabbed two of my favorite fall colors I bought from S&T and decided to try a technique I saw on Pinterest a few weeks ago. I quickly grabbed two of my favorite fall colors I bought from S&T, taking pictures every step of the way of course! It’s pretty fun and a little messy! Have paper towels around just in case of a spill 🙂 So being the first time it didn’t turn out the greatest but definitely can see how awesome it will be one I get it down!! Try it out!
Water Marble Tutorial.
Supplies: orange stick or toothpick, shot glass or cup (the smaller the circumference, the less polish you end up wasting), room temp. water, nail polish, tape (optional, but it helps with the clean up)
I like to begin by prepping my nails with base coat and one coat of polish.
|I chose Brown Speckle & Modern Wine|
1. Fill your cup with some warm or room temperature water. If the water is too cold, the nail polish will seize up.
2. Choose the polishes you want to work with; keep in mind the opacity of the polish you are using, if its too sheer, it might not look right.
3. I like to begin with the lightest color. Load up the brush and let a big drop of polish fall into the water. Continue with the other colors until you have a few concentric circles of polish in the water.
4. Using the toothpick or orange stick, drag through the polish from the edge toward the middle. Continue to drag the stick through the polish until you find a design that you think looks pretty.
5. Optional: tape around the edge of the nail to protect your finger from becoming covered with nail polish. Scotch tape works perfectly for this.
|I did NOT tape my fingers 😉 Probably a little cleaner if I had done so! lol|
6. Holding your finger horizontally, dip your fingernail into the glass, making sure it is completely submerged.
7. Use the toothpick/orange stick to trace around your finger, gathering up all the unused nail polish in the glass.
8. Lift your finger out of the glass, and let dry before taking the tape off.
9. Continue with your other nails until you have a full set of beautifully water marbled nails.
10. Slick on your favorite top coat and Voila! All done!
|Since it was a little messy I went ahead a painted them all solid with the Modern Wine…since I’m meeting the family and all!! I’ll definitely be trying this again though!!!!!!!! Maybe use a darker color then Brown Speckle.|
Run by the store and pick up two of the MANY, MANY, MANY colors we have available and try it out for yourself!!!! You think I’m kidding when I overdo the MANY but for real we have every color you could ever want! The small size bottle are only $1.99 and the large size are only $2.99. I mean you can’t beat that! Not even at Wal-Mart or Target!