- Take 5 slow deep breaths
- Take a walk or do some other physical activity.
- Think of 3 things you are grateful for.
- Gratitude is a great way to combat stress because it changes your focus from what you don’t have to what you already have or have accomplished in your life.
- Make sure to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama”
- Exercise 2-3 times per week or more if you’re up for it!
- Write down your goals so you can focus on what’s important to you and not be bothered by the small things.
- Prioritize what is most important on your to-do list and eliminate anything unnecessary.
- Create a power down routine.
- Examples: 2 hours before bed don’t eat, 1 hour before bed turn off all screens, take a bath, enjoy herbal tea, read, etc. Make your power down routine your own!
Being stressed can really take a toll on our lives both personally and professionally. We hope you put a few of these techniques into practice so we can take control of the overwhelming stress and anxiety that can sometimes control our lives. Being mindful of how stress affects you is sometimes the first step in making the changes you need to feel your best.
Join us in our monthly focuses so we can help each other be the best versions of ourselves.