This delicious fall treat is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth and help keep your body feeling great with sweet potatoes, oats and peanut butter. This treat may be called a cookie but it is perfect for breakfast or any snack! Even the pickiest of eaters won’t be able to resist this healthy treat!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Cookies
If you love a good spice cake or spice cookie these Healthy Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Cookies are for you. The spice of the ginger and the sweetness of the chocolate gives this cookie depth and satisfies your sweet tooth. With the all natural ingredients you will love when the family comes back for seconds.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Bake 2 sweet potatoes at 425F for 55 minutes.
- Scoop out inside of potato and mash. Let sweet potatoes cool before using in mix.
- Change oven temperature to 350F
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Scoop out one tablespoon-sized portions of dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 17 to 19 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
I hope you were inspired by this healthy recipe to get cooking! Enjoy responsibly!
Sophie & Trey