Step up your Halloween costume game this year by making a fun and simple DIY costume! Fairies are a fun and easy costume and instead of buying wings from the store, make your own! They’re a fun craft to make AND a fun conversation starter at any Halloween party! This is even a fun one to make with the kids, just make sure you handle the hot glue!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 yd of sparkly sheer fabric
- 2 1.5 ft lengths of string
- 3yds of 12 gauge beading wire
- Hot glue gun
- Shape your into two fairy wing shapes
- Cut your fabric in the shape of your wings
- Hot glue the fabric to the wire outlines
- Use scissors to trim the fabric to a cleaner shape
- Cut a 2in wide strip of felt, wrap it around the center between your wings and hot glue to secure it
- Tie string in a knot next to the felt and secure it with glue. Be sure to leave two equal lengths on each end, as this will become straps!
- Repeat on the other side of the felt so you now have two string straps
- Tie the two loose ends of string in a bow to make adjustable straps
- Wear and have fun!
Complete your fairy costume with our Ruffle Button Dress in Kelly Green ($34.99)
Click on the picture to shop!
Have fun and be safe this Halloween and tag any S&T Halloween costumes #sophieandtrey!